P1: LOGIC BRAMBLE
P1: GRINNING BRAMBLE
H1: OCHRE APE
H2: FLESH FOLK
C1: FIRE WOLF
C2: GRINNING SCORPION
AP: CYCLOPEAN SHARK
S1: ROT JACKAL
S2: ASH VULTURE
WT: GRINNING IMP
1. A partially-eaten grove of GRINNING BRAMBLE.
2. OCHRE APE is peacefully munching on a grove of GRINNING BRAMBLE.
3. FLESH FOLK is peacefully munching on a grove of LOGIC BRAMBLE. Several FIRE WOLF lurk just out of sight, waiting to attack.
4. A migrating band of OCHRE APE, the adults keeping watch. Several FIRE WOLF lurk just out of sight, waiting to attack.
5. A GRINNING SCORPION is worrying at a slowly dying FLESH FOLK.
6. Several GRINNING SCORPION are chasing a couple of FIRE WOLF away from a fresh-killed OCHRE APE.
7. A slowly dying GRINNING SCORPION. Its flank bears the unmistakable marks of an CYCLOPEAN SHARK. A couple of ROT JACKAL are already beginning to pick at it.
8. A band of FIRE WOLF that hasn't eaten in a couple of days.
9. An unrecognizable mass that used to be a FLESH FOLK. It's being torn to shreds by a dozen ASH VULTURE.
10. A small cave which a couple of small FIRE WOLF are making a den in.
11. An enormous ROT JACKAL that follows the PCs from afar.
12. A ASH VULTURE nesting site. Contains a couple of adults, a number of babies and bones.
13. A band of GRINNING SCORPION fleeing an CYCLOPEAN SHARK, which will arrive in a couple of rounds.
14. An CYCLOPEAN SHARK that hasn't eaten in a couple of days.
15. A panicked OCHRE APE trapped in a grove of LOGIC BRAMBLE. An CYCLOPEAN SHARK is somewhere in the area and the OCHRE APE can sense it.
16. A slowly dying CYCLOPEAN SHARK, taken down by a maddened band of FLESH FOLK. A number of ASH VULTURE are waiting for it to die properly before they approach it.
17. A GRINNING IMP performing cruel and mysterious experiments on a OCHRE APE. It will take no notice of the PCs.
18. A GRINNING IMP standing perfectly still and silent. If the PCs get within 10', it will attack.
19. A curious band of FIRE WOLF sniffing at a GRINNING IMP, which pays them no heed. The FIRE WOLFs will see the PCs as easier prey. The GRINNING IMP will watch with interest. It may intervene on either side.
20. A GRINNING IMP collecting samples of GRINNING BRAMBLE. It will assume the PCs are also plants and try to collect them as well.
LANDMARKS & ENCOUNTERS:
THE TUNNEL OF WORMS
Site of a recent epic battle between a band of FIRE WOLF and a slightly larger band of GRINNING SCORPION, who were the winners. Several corpses of both species litter the landscape, attracting ASH VULTURE in great numbers. A bunch of GRINNING SCORPION are off licking their wounds but will return shortly to bury, eat their dead.
THE CRAWLING GULF
Party of botanists from local college gathering samples of LOGIC BRAMBLE. Unprepared for dangers of wilderness. Being stalked by GRINNING IMP. Refuse to believe that GRINNING IMP exists.
THE BOREAL GORGE
The corpse of an CYCLOPEAN SHARK. Converted into a flesh fortress by a band of ROT JACKAL, who will wait until the PCs get close before exploding out of its side.
DEAD MAN'S MINE
The lair of an CYCLOPEAN SHARK. The CYCLOPEAN SHARK is currently out hunting. It will return in two hours dragging the carcass of a large OCHRE APE. If the cave is explored the PCs will be ambushed by a group of ASH VULTURE who live off the scraps.