P1: VIOLET NECTAR
P1: CLOAKED ROSE
H1: CANOPTIC GOAT
H2: BRIMSTONE ORYX
C1: THORN WOLF
C2: BLIND FOX
AP: PROBLEM DRAGON
S1: MANTICORE WORM
S2: DESERT SNAIL
WT: FLAIL WIDOW
1. A partially-eaten grove of CLOAKED ROSE.
2. CANOPTIC GOAT is peacefully munching on a grove of CLOAKED ROSE.
3. BRIMSTONE ORYX is peacefully munching on a grove of VIOLET NECTAR. Several THORN WOLF lurk just out of sight, waiting to attack.
4. A migrating band of CANOPTIC GOAT, the adults keeping watch. Several THORN WOLF lurk just out of sight, waiting to attack.
5. A BLIND FOX is worrying at a slowly dying BRIMSTONE ORYX.
6. Several BLIND FOX are chasing a couple of THORN WOLF away from a fresh-killed CANOPTIC GOAT.
7. A slowly dying BLIND FOX. Its flank bears the unmistakable marks of an PROBLEM DRAGON. A couple of MANTICORE WORM are already beginning to pick at it.
8. A band of THORN WOLF that hasn't eaten in a couple of days.
9. An unrecognizable mass that used to be a BRIMSTONE ORYX. It's being torn to shreds by a dozen DESERT SNAIL.
10. A small cave which a couple of small THORN WOLF are making a den in.
11. An enormous MANTICORE WORM that follows the PCs from afar.
12. A DESERT SNAIL nesting site. Contains a couple of adults, a number of babies and bones.
13. A band of BLIND FOX fleeing an PROBLEM DRAGON, which will arrive in a couple of rounds.
14. An PROBLEM DRAGON that hasn't eaten in a couple of days.
15. A panicked CANOPTIC GOAT trapped in a grove of VIOLET NECTAR. An PROBLEM DRAGON is somewhere in the area and the CANOPTIC GOAT can sense it.
16. A slowly dying PROBLEM DRAGON, taken down by a maddened band of BRIMSTONE ORYX. A number of DESERT SNAIL are waiting for it to die properly before they approach it.
17. A FLAIL WIDOW performing cruel and mysterious experiments on a CANOPTIC GOAT. It will take no notice of the PCs.
18. A FLAIL WIDOW standing perfectly still and silent. If the PCs get within 10', it will attack.
19. A curious band of THORN WOLF sniffing at a FLAIL WIDOW, which pays them no heed. The THORN WOLFs will see the PCs as easier prey. The FLAIL WIDOW will watch with interest. It may intervene on either side.
20. A FLAIL WIDOW collecting samples of CLOAKED ROSE. It will assume the PCs are also plants and try to collect them as well.
LANDMARKS & ENCOUNTERS:
THE PESTILENT FOUNTAIN
A small cottage, crumbling and almost entirely overgrown with VIOLET NECTAR. It would take some doing to get inside. Probably a day's labour for a human w/ a sword but no machete.
Home of a solitude-crazed ranger, her only companion a mostly-domesticated THORN WOLF. Hasn't seen another sapient creature in months. Veers between friendly and homicidal.
THE LAKE OF PROMISE
A BRIMSTONE ORYX graveyard. The bones of thousands of BRIMSTONE ORYX, accumulated over centuries. Several dying BRIMSTONE ORYX. MANTICORE WORM is out in force, worrying at bits of carcass and eying the dying creatures - and you - thoughtfully.
Paladin on quest to kill FLAIL WIDOW. Domesticated CANOPTIC GOAT her trustworthy sidekick/mount. Completely legitimate in own right, but no matter what they do, will not trust the party any further than she could throw them (possibly literally? has involved paladin code)