P1: THUNDER VINE
P1: VAMPIRE ROSE
H1: FALSE BOAR
H2: FIRE ORYX
C1: MACHINE HOUND
C2: ICE FOX
AP: HOOK SPHINX
S1: MANTICORE FUNGUS
S2: CRIMSON SNAIL
WT: TUFTED QUEEN
1. A partially-eaten grove of VAMPIRE ROSE.
2. FALSE BOAR is peacefully munching on a grove of VAMPIRE ROSE.
3. FIRE ORYX is peacefully munching on a grove of THUNDER VINE. Several MACHINE HOUND lurk just out of sight, waiting to attack.
4. A migrating band of FALSE BOAR, the adults keeping watch. Several MACHINE HOUND lurk just out of sight, waiting to attack.
5. A ICE FOX is worrying at a slowly dying FIRE ORYX.
6. Several ICE FOX are chasing a couple of MACHINE HOUND away from a fresh-killed FALSE BOAR.
7. A slowly dying ICE FOX. Its flank bears the unmistakable marks of an HOOK SPHINX. A couple of MANTICORE FUNGUS are already beginning to pick at it.
8. A band of MACHINE HOUND that hasn't eaten in a couple of days.
9. An unrecognizable mass that used to be a FIRE ORYX. It's being torn to shreds by a dozen CRIMSON SNAIL.
10. A small cave which a couple of small MACHINE HOUND are making a den in.
11. An enormous MANTICORE FUNGUS that follows the PCs from afar.
12. A CRIMSON SNAIL nesting site. Contains a couple of adults, a number of babies and bones.
13. A band of ICE FOX fleeing an HOOK SPHINX, which will arrive in a couple of rounds.
14. An HOOK SPHINX that hasn't eaten in a couple of days.
15. A panicked FALSE BOAR trapped in a grove of THUNDER VINE. An HOOK SPHINX is somewhere in the area and the FALSE BOAR can sense it.
16. A slowly dying HOOK SPHINX, taken down by a maddened band of FIRE ORYX. A number of CRIMSON SNAIL are waiting for it to die properly before they approach it.
17. A TUFTED QUEEN performing cruel and mysterious experiments on a FALSE BOAR. It will take no notice of the PCs.
18. A TUFTED QUEEN standing perfectly still and silent. If the PCs get within 10', it will attack.
19. A curious band of MACHINE HOUND sniffing at a TUFTED QUEEN, which pays them no heed. The MACHINE HOUNDs will see the PCs as easier prey. The TUFTED QUEEN will watch with interest. It may intervene on either side.
20. A TUFTED QUEEN collecting samples of VAMPIRE ROSE. It will assume the PCs are also plants and try to collect them as well.
LANDMARKS & ENCOUNTERS:
THE BURNING VALLEY
The lair of an HOOK SPHINX. The HOOK SPHINX is currently out hunting. It will return in two hours dragging the carcass of a large FALSE BOAR. If the cave is explored the PCs will be ambushed by a group of CRIMSON SNAIL who live off the scraps.
THE CAIRN OF THE MOON
Home of a solitude-crazed ranger, her only companion a mostly-domesticated MACHINE HOUND. Hasn't seen another sapient creature in months. Veers between friendly and homicidal.
The corpse of an HOOK SPHINX. Converted into a flesh fortress by a band of MANTICORE FUNGUS, who will wait until the PCs get close before exploding out of its side.
Several FIRE ORYX engaging in an elaborate mating ritual which must not be disturbed at any cost. They may be dueling in pairs until one or the other is significantly injured.