P1: THUNDER PINE
P1: IRON FRUIT
H1: FOREST LIZARD
H2: RUST SLOTH
C1: FALSE FOX
C2: BLESSED KOBOLD
AP: WOODEN GORGON
S1: ELDER WORM
S2: BONE GULL
WT: SINGING CUBE
1. A partially-eaten grove of IRON FRUIT.
2. FOREST LIZARD is peacefully munching on a grove of IRON FRUIT.
3. RUST SLOTH is peacefully munching on a grove of THUNDER PINE. Several FALSE FOX lurk just out of sight, waiting to attack.
4. A migrating band of FOREST LIZARD, the adults keeping watch. Several FALSE FOX lurk just out of sight, waiting to attack.
5. A BLESSED KOBOLD is worrying at a slowly dying RUST SLOTH.
6. Several BLESSED KOBOLD are chasing a couple of FALSE FOX away from a fresh-killed FOREST LIZARD.
7. A slowly dying BLESSED KOBOLD. Its flank bears the unmistakable marks of an WOODEN GORGON. A couple of ELDER WORM are already beginning to pick at it.
8. A band of FALSE FOX that hasn't eaten in a couple of days.
9. An unrecognizable mass that used to be a RUST SLOTH. It's being torn to shreds by a dozen BONE GULL.
10. A small cave which a couple of small FALSE FOX are making a den in.
11. An enormous ELDER WORM that follows the PCs from afar.
12. A BONE GULL nesting site. Contains a couple of adults, a number of babies and bones.
13. A band of BLESSED KOBOLD fleeing an WOODEN GORGON, which will arrive in a couple of rounds.
14. An WOODEN GORGON that hasn't eaten in a couple of days.
15. A panicked FOREST LIZARD trapped in a grove of THUNDER PINE. An WOODEN GORGON is somewhere in the area and the FOREST LIZARD can sense it.
16. A slowly dying WOODEN GORGON, taken down by a maddened band of RUST SLOTH. A number of BONE GULL are waiting for it to die properly before they approach it.
17. A SINGING CUBE performing cruel and mysterious experiments on a FOREST LIZARD. It will take no notice of the PCs.
18. A SINGING CUBE standing perfectly still and silent. If the PCs get within 10', it will attack.
19. A curious band of FALSE FOX sniffing at a SINGING CUBE, which pays them no heed. The FALSE FOXs will see the PCs as easier prey. The SINGING CUBE will watch with interest. It may intervene on either side.
20. A SINGING CUBE collecting samples of IRON FRUIT. It will assume the PCs are also plants and try to collect them as well.
LANDMARKS & ENCOUNTERS:
THE CREEK OF THE STARS
Hermit's hut. Isolated, surrounded by elaborate series of ditches, pit traps with colony of ELDER WORM lurking at bottom. Hermit regularly feeds them, is a wizard maybe
THE FORTRESS OF PROMISE
The corpse of an WOODEN GORGON. Converted into a flesh fortress by a band of ELDER WORM, who will wait until the PCs get close before exploding out of its side.
THE SINKING ZIGGURAT
Paladin on quest to kill SINGING CUBE. Domesticated FOREST LIZARD her trustworthy sidekick/mount. Completely legitimate in own right, but no matter what they do, will not trust the party any further than she could throw them (possibly literally? has involved paladin code)
THE BURNING FOUNTAIN
Home of a solitude-crazed ranger, her only companion a mostly-domesticated FALSE FOX. Hasn't seen another sapient creature in months. Veers between friendly and homicidal.