P1: RAZOR ROSE
P1: SPECTRAL MEMBRANE
H1: BROKEN ELF
H2: BONE RHINO
C1: THUNDER HOUND
C2: FAERIE SPIDER
AP: PIRATE SERPENT
S1: ANGLER VULTURE
S2: QUESTING SPORE
WT: GRINNING DEVIL
1. A partially-eaten grove of SPECTRAL MEMBRANE.
2. BROKEN ELF is peacefully munching on a grove of SPECTRAL MEMBRANE.
3. BONE RHINO is peacefully munching on a grove of RAZOR ROSE. Several THUNDER HOUND lurk just out of sight, waiting to attack.
4. A migrating band of BROKEN ELF, the adults keeping watch. Several THUNDER HOUND lurk just out of sight, waiting to attack.
5. A FAERIE SPIDER is worrying at a slowly dying BONE RHINO.
6. Several FAERIE SPIDER are chasing a couple of THUNDER HOUND away from a fresh-killed BROKEN ELF.
7. A slowly dying FAERIE SPIDER. Its flank bears the unmistakable marks of an PIRATE SERPENT. A couple of ANGLER VULTURE are already beginning to pick at it.
8. A band of THUNDER HOUND that hasn't eaten in a couple of days.
9. An unrecognizable mass that used to be a BONE RHINO. It's being torn to shreds by a dozen QUESTING SPORE.
10. A small cave which a couple of small THUNDER HOUND are making a den in.
11. An enormous ANGLER VULTURE that follows the PCs from afar.
12. A QUESTING SPORE nesting site. Contains a couple of adults, a number of babies and bones.
13. A band of FAERIE SPIDER fleeing an PIRATE SERPENT, which will arrive in a couple of rounds.
14. An PIRATE SERPENT that hasn't eaten in a couple of days.
15. A panicked BROKEN ELF trapped in a grove of RAZOR ROSE. An PIRATE SERPENT is somewhere in the area and the BROKEN ELF can sense it.
16. A slowly dying PIRATE SERPENT, taken down by a maddened band of BONE RHINO. A number of QUESTING SPORE are waiting for it to die properly before they approach it.
17. A GRINNING DEVIL performing cruel and mysterious experiments on a BROKEN ELF. It will take no notice of the PCs.
18. A GRINNING DEVIL standing perfectly still and silent. If the PCs get within 10', it will attack.
19. A curious band of THUNDER HOUND sniffing at a GRINNING DEVIL, which pays them no heed. The THUNDER HOUNDs will see the PCs as easier prey. The GRINNING DEVIL will watch with interest. It may intervene on either side.
20. A GRINNING DEVIL collecting samples of SPECTRAL MEMBRANE. It will assume the PCs are also plants and try to collect them as well.
LANDMARKS & ENCOUNTERS:
THE BLACK GATE
Campsite of a rich, eccentric huntsman who refuses to return home until she's killed an PIRATE SERPENT, plus her sardonic manservant and jaded retainers. Will offer a sizeable bounty to anyone who can help her take it but insists on doing the killing herself.
THE CRATER OF THE STARS
Site of a recent epic battle between a band of THUNDER HOUND and a slightly larger band of FAERIE SPIDER, who were the winners. Several corpses of both species litter the landscape, attracting QUESTING SPORE in great numbers. A bunch of FAERIE SPIDER are off licking their wounds but will return shortly to bury, eat their dead.
A grove of SPECTRAL MEMBRANE with primitive human faces carved into or woven from it. There are coins in the mouths of the faces. The GRINNING DEVIL can track the coins and will stalk their holders.
Home of a solitude-crazed ranger, her only companion a mostly-domesticated THUNDER HOUND. Hasn't seen another sapient creature in months. Veers between friendly and homicidal.