P1: FALSE ROSE
P1: CELESTIAL CACTUS
H1: PRIMAL OX
H2: TUFTED MARE
C1: IRON ORC
C2: OCHRE COBRA
AP: MARROW GRYPHON
S1: SILVER SCARAB
S2: PALE SLIME
WT: GIBBERING FIEND
1. A partially-eaten grove of CELESTIAL CACTUS.
2. PRIMAL OX is peacefully munching on a grove of CELESTIAL CACTUS.
3. TUFTED MARE is peacefully munching on a grove of FALSE ROSE. Several IRON ORC lurk just out of sight, waiting to attack.
4. A migrating band of PRIMAL OX, the adults keeping watch. Several IRON ORC lurk just out of sight, waiting to attack.
5. A OCHRE COBRA is worrying at a slowly dying TUFTED MARE.
6. Several OCHRE COBRA are chasing a couple of IRON ORC away from a fresh-killed PRIMAL OX.
7. A slowly dying OCHRE COBRA. Its flank bears the unmistakable marks of an MARROW GRYPHON. A couple of SILVER SCARAB are already beginning to pick at it.
8. A band of IRON ORC that hasn't eaten in a couple of days.
9. An unrecognizable mass that used to be a TUFTED MARE. It's being torn to shreds by a dozen PALE SLIME.
10. A small cave which a couple of small IRON ORC are making a den in.
11. An enormous SILVER SCARAB that follows the PCs from afar.
12. A PALE SLIME nesting site. Contains a couple of adults, a number of babies and bones.
13. A band of OCHRE COBRA fleeing an MARROW GRYPHON, which will arrive in a couple of rounds.
14. An MARROW GRYPHON that hasn't eaten in a couple of days.
15. A panicked PRIMAL OX trapped in a grove of FALSE ROSE. An MARROW GRYPHON is somewhere in the area and the PRIMAL OX can sense it.
16. A slowly dying MARROW GRYPHON, taken down by a maddened band of TUFTED MARE. A number of PALE SLIME are waiting for it to die properly before they approach it.
17. A GIBBERING FIEND performing cruel and mysterious experiments on a PRIMAL OX. It will take no notice of the PCs.
18. A GIBBERING FIEND standing perfectly still and silent. If the PCs get within 10', it will attack.
19. A curious band of IRON ORC sniffing at a GIBBERING FIEND, which pays them no heed. The IRON ORCs will see the PCs as easier prey. The GIBBERING FIEND will watch with interest. It may intervene on either side.
20. A GIBBERING FIEND collecting samples of CELESTIAL CACTUS. It will assume the PCs are also plants and try to collect them as well.
LANDMARKS & ENCOUNTERS:
THE HAUNTED BAYOU
Village of cultists that worship GIBBERING FIEND. Will pretend to be completely normal until moment they try to sacrifice you. GIBBERING FIEND no more, less likely to kill them than it is to kill anyone else.
THE GLADE OF EELS
A grove of CELESTIAL CACTUS with primitive human faces carved into or woven from it. There are coins in the mouths of the faces. The GIBBERING FIEND can track the coins and will stalk their holders.
THE ARCANE HALL
The lair of an MARROW GRYPHON. The MARROW GRYPHON is currently out hunting. It will return in two hours dragging the carcass of a large PRIMAL OX. If the cave is explored the PCs will be ambushed by a group of PALE SLIME who live off the scraps.
THE GLASS CHURCH
Campsite of a rich, eccentric huntsman who refuses to return home until she's killed an MARROW GRYPHON, plus her sardonic manservant and jaded retainers. Will offer a sizeable bounty to anyone who can help her take it but insists on doing the killing herself.